The four assignments being accomplished in the first four weeks of this class will introduce you to several different aspects that must be considered during the process of requirements development on a project. To implement this requirements development process, you will need to choose 1 of the following 3 scenario options and carry that option throughout the course to the final project:
- OPTION 1: Organization X providing online banking services
- OPTION 2: Organization Y providing defense contracting services
- OPTION 3: Organization Z providing airline reservation services
The goal of the overall final project will be to ensure that you can practice requirements engineering methodologies within your chosen scenario and have the skills required to develop software requirements specifications and to understand project requirements and associated risks and designs, after interacting with customers; therefore, in this first individual project you will need to work with the customer at the project kick-off to perform requirements elicitation, identification, definition, and the required documentation described.
You will need to describe how the requirements engineering team worked with the clients to perform project requirements discovery or elicitation and identification, and show the customer your SRS specification outline. Provide the following in this first assignment:
- Describe some of the preparations you will need to make technically in preparation of the requirements kick-off meeting.
- Describe some of the skills needed by the developer to adequately elicit software requirements and the intended outcome of the requirements elicitation process.
- Provide an outline for the SRS specification document to be delivered in Week 5 of the course (Note: this will be carried over and expanded on in your Final Project).
- A reference list in proper APA format must be provided.
- An abstract and running header is optional.
Please submit your assignment.