You will be working throughout the term towards developing a final project which explores chemistry applications in healthcare. This assignment will allow to identify a topic for your final project.
For the Final Project, you will be creating a slide presentation, a website, or an educational article. For more specifics on the Final Project Requirements, please download and review the Project Information Requirements.
For this Project Topic Assignment:
- Choose one of the following topics to address in your final project:
- In an approximately 250-word essay:
- Matter and Energy in Malnutrition: Developing a Plan to Address Deficiencies
- Nuclear Radiation in Medical Imaging: From Old to New Technologies
- Treating Breast Cancer: Current Therapies and Options on the Horizon
- The Role of Dopamine in Parkinsonâ€™s Disease or Schizophrenia
- Using Blood Chemistry to Diagnose Disease
- Inflammation and the Role of Eicosanoids
- ACE Inhibitors as a Treatment for Hypertension
If you would like to choose a topic that is not on this list, it must be approved by your instructor.
- Identify your project topic from the list above. (1 pt)
- Identify your specific area of focus within the topic. Be mindful–if the general topic is broad, narrow down the general topic to a specific area of interest to you or one that you feel needs to be discussed.(2 pts)
- Identify your target audience; choose an audience you think is most in need of this information, or an audience that you are specifically drawn to. (For example: specific patient population, the dietary staff in a nursing home, high school teens exploring career opportunities, newly-hired employees in the rehab department, etc.).Choose an audience for whom you believe this information will be valuable, rather than an audience that is already familiar with it. (1 pts)
- Discuss your rationale for selecting this specific topic and audience; identify the educational need that exists. (5 pts)
- Writing guidelines: (3 points)
- Paragraphs should be in your own words using complete sentences.
- Paper should be in Arial or Times New Roman font, 12-point, and double-spaced.
- Proofread for correct spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
Save your file as a Word document (.docx).
Include the term Topic and your Last Name when saving your file. Example: Topic_Smith.docx
Upload your completed document using the Browse button, and then click the Submit button.
Points Possible: 12