Due date 02/07/2018
6 Power point slides: Evaluation of 5 evidence based articles regarding cervicitis + uncomplicated Gonorrhea. Use 1 slide for article and 1 for references
1. Include title, autor and year of the article (2013-2018). Reference in APA format
2. Brief summary? Purpose of the study
3. How did the study support Ms Campbell;s case:
Ms. Cammpbell is a 25 years old female with recent unprotected vaginal intercourse who presents with 3 days history of dysuria, increase urinary frequency and vaginal discharge. Per Physical exam, she has a mucopurulent discharge with a normal bimanual exam.
Multiple sexual partners
Diagnosis: Cervicitis culture-proven, uncomplicated Gonorrhea: This is based on her positive gonorrhea swab, normal vaginal pH and other negative testing.
1. Urinary tract infection (UTI) due to symptoms of burning on urination and dysuria, nevertheless, the patient also reported vaginal discharge which is a symptom rarely associated with UTI.
2. Herpes Simplex (HSV), due to symptoms of pain during urination, and vaginal itching, but the patient had no visible lesions or blisters.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): The diagnosis of acute pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is primarily based on historical and clinical findings. This differential was a “must-not-missed” and can result from complications of gonorrhea and chlamydia diseases when left untreated.