Hello this first message is quite detailed so I will send everything I have about it.. thanks again..
First I need proposed topic so I can send to her for approval as you will see below:
Subject: Research Topic Approval—email me your proposed topics plus responses to the questions.
Good Morning Everyone…
Please be sure you email me your proposed research question and the responses to the 4 questions you received in my email to you. As soon as I receive your full proposed topic, we can get you launched into your research.
It is key to understand that you can not complete IP1 without an approved topic.
Good Morning Everyone
Developing your research question is key to the success of this research project. As you are considering potential topic, below I have included the additional 4 questions you will want to flush out before I can “approve” the topic.
Why do I have you go into this depth for the topic? Proper scoping of the topic makes or breaks the success of this project. Properly scoped papers, do very well….and the opposite is true when the scope is incorrect (which is typically too large).
Please keep in mind….this is not a paper where you are researching a topic—this is a research project where you are actually developing research for your topic.
- What are your independent and dependent variables?
- What are your 2 hypothesis statements?
- How will you measure this research topic?
- What methodology of data collection will you be recommending?
*Actual IP1 Assignment*
New content: 1,000–2,000 words
Management Problem Analysis
This course is comprised of a series of Individual Project assignments that will contribute to a Key Assignment submission at the end of the course. Each week, you will complete a part of a document that is designed to solve a management problem.
You will select a project as the topic for the analysis, which you will execute and document in this course. The project should represent a management problem that you will solve through research and application of knowledge and skills that you have gained in the courses taken in your program of study. This is the course’s Key Assignment that you will make contributions to each week.
Below is a basic scenario that can help get you started thinking about a problem to work on. The idea here is to find a real problem in your world either at work or in another community you belong to. It could be a Church, an Association, etc., a work problem is preferred. If you have a unique idea other than business, talk to your instructor and make sure it fits within the parameters of the course outline and objectives.
For the purpose of this class you are a research analyst and your job is to perform studies and analysis for companies that need product, process improvement, manufacturing, and consulting research services.
You have been assigned to develop a comprehensive research strategy and plan and develop a proposal outline for a customer-driven project. After you complete your review of the project, you will have to pick a topic and decide the research methodology that will be applied. Then you will have to develop the research design to include the topic, purpose statement, literature review, research question and hypothesis, and the analysis and report writing format. Finally, you will have to present the research proposal outline for customer/management approval. For this project, you will not have to do actual data collection. This project requires the completion of this assignment using secondary data.
Here is a link for more details and ideas for potential projects.
For the assignments in this course, you will be developing a Management Problem Analysis document that identifies a management problem and works through a formal research, analysis and synthesis method to provide a proposed solution to the problem. Your first task in this process will be to select a project to use as the basis of your research, analysis and synthesis for each of the assignments in the course. You will also create the shell document for the final project deliverable that you will be working on during each unit. As you proceed through each project phase, you will add content to each section of the final document to gradually complete the final project deliverable. Appropriate research should be conducted to support the development of your document, and assumptions may be made when necessary.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Management Problem Analysis Document
- Use Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents (TOC)
- Use autogenerated TOC
- Separate page
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section Headings (Create each heading on a new page with “TBD” as content, except for sections listed under New Content below)
- Problem Identification, Impacts, Design of Research, and Literature Research (Week 1)
- Problem Impact and Findings from Research (Week 2)
- Data Collection and Research, Analysis and Synthesis Methods (Week 3)
- Discussion and Conclusion on Approach (Week 4)
- Compilation of Findings, Conclusions, and Recommendations (Week 5)
- New Content (Week 1)
- Identify the problem.
- Prepare a statement of the issue to be resolved.
- Identify how the organization will be impacted if this issue is not resolved.
- Identify consequences if the problem is not resolved.
- Identify how you intend to conduct the research on the issue and its impacts.
- Be sure that this project is approved by the instructor.
- Name the document “yourname_MGMT659_IP1.doc.”
- Submit the document for grading.