Take a practice IQ test (although not a valid or reliable measure of your intelligence) and read the sample report generated. Notice the adjusted score and where your score falls on the bell curve, the range and percentile score as well as the descriptor. Be sure to convert your scores to the Catell and Stanford Binet scales and notice if there are any differences. Use the link to the IQ Testing Lab provided: www.intelligencetest.com/index.htm
Please note that should the practice IQ test be not available simply use the sample IQ results for this assignment. Click on the “Check out the sample report” hyperlink!
Prepare a brief overview (1 page in length; you may put this in a table or paragraph form) of your results, the conversions, and any differences that occur. Then respond in a 3-4 page, APA formatted paper to the following:
- In your opinion, was this a fair measurement of your intelligence? Why or why not? Support your answer with what you have learned about IQ tests.
- Discuss possible limitations with interpretation of your results within the context of what you have learned about psychometric test properties. How would you explain the reliability and validity of this test to someone who has not taken this course?
- Explain whether you felt this test minimized cultural bias, based on what you have learned so far.
- What ethical limitations might prevent the use of this type of test in major decision-making (e.g., entrance to college, identifying disabilities, etc.)?
- Analyze the possible influence of the format of the test (e.g., computer versus manipulatives or paper, timed versus untimed, standardization, multiple choice, etc.) on your results, based on what you have learned about various testing instruments so far.
Submit your response to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quizGet Started
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Reported results of experiment, including statistical data and comparison with the other scales. 28 Examined whether the measurement of intelligence was a fair assessment and supported position with theory. 28 Explained whether the test minimized cultural bias. 24 Discussed possible limitations within the context of psychometric properties (e.g., validity, reliability). 24 Discussed ethical limitations. 24 Analyzed the influence of the format of the test on interpretation of results. 28 Style (4 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Organization (12 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (12 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (16 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style 44 Total: 200
Stuck with a Question?
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!