You have researched the theoretical writings related to your selected mental disorder in the second part of the course project. In the third part, you have examined the practice related to the disorder.
You have conducted field research on practice related to the disorder, an interview with a mental health professional. Based on all of the information you have gathered, develop a paper that includes the following:
- Describe the cause, extent, and nature of the disorder, such as number of people diagnosed and under treatment, demographics, and other factors of interest.
- Explain how the selected disorder is diagnosed.
- Explain how the selected disorder is treated. Be sure to include all the views on appropriate treatment and comment on diversity of views or dissent.
- Differentiate the diagnosis of this disorder from those of the other disorders within the same diagnostic category.
- Comment on culturally bound syndromes, cultural biases, or the interplay between assessment and diagnosis and culture.
- Provide data from the professional interview completed relevantly and substantively integrating this information into the body of the paper. Provide the name of the interviewed professional with his/her credentials. Written transcripts of the interview should be recorded and submitted with the assignment (e.g. in paper as an appendices).
Write a 4–5-page paper in Word format. Make sure to review the rubric so as to address all necessary criteria. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
By Monday, July 3, 2017, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.