Application: Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project
To conclude your evaluation of the RMP, you are asked to write a 2- to 3-page memo to the World Bankâ€™s office in Managua, summarizing your findings and recommendations for the project.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Week 10 information in the Virtual City: Revitalizing Masachapa Project multimedia.
- Review Chapter 11 in Bryson (2018).
- Consider the key role of effective leadership in strategic planning.
The Assignment (1- to 2-page, single-spaced memo):
The 10-week project evaluation of the RMP is completed. The World Bank has asked you to write a 1- to 2-page memo summarizing your findings and recommendations for the RMP. The memo should conclude with a brief description of the key role of leadership in the RMP. In particular, the memo should address the importance of effective leadership in the following:
- Supporting effective dialogue and deliberation
- Guiding conflict management and resolution
- Managing strategic change under conditions of uncertainty
- Bryson, J. M. (2018). Strategic planning for public and nonprofit organizations: A guide to strengthening and sustaining organizational achievement (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 11, â€œLeadership Roles in Making Strategic Planning Work (pp. 353-378)
- Denis, J.-L., Lamothe, L., & Langley, A. (2001). The dynamics of collective leadership and strategic change in pluralistic organizations. Academy of Management Journal, 44(4), 809â€“837.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Laureate Education (Producer). (2014). Virtual city: Revitalizing Masachapa Project [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Please click on the following link for the transcript: Program Transcript (PDF)
You are asked to write a 2- to 3-page memo to the World Bank, summarizing your findings and recommendations for the RMP.